I try to keep my videos short and sweet with loads of helpful tips. This one is on the longer side but I promise you'll learn a lot! It covers the popular "baggie method" as well as other options for that final heat/press step. I'll highlight some of the key points below:
- Condition the nail with oil and hand cream several times between applications.
- It's good to use a cuticle remover at least occasionally.
- Clean nails with alcohol or vinegar prior immediately before applying new wraps.
- Handle the wrap with a cuticle pusher to keep the oils from breaking down the adhesive
- Use a rubber tip cuticle pusher (or a wine cork!) to seal edges
- Do one whole hand before you trim/file the excess (this allows a little cooling time)
4 options for the final heat/press step
- Just apply more heat directly to the nail and use your rubber tip cuticle pusher again to seal the edges and tips
- "The Baggie Method" wrap a plastic sandwich bag TIGHT around each nail, then apply more heat for simultaneous heat/pressure
- "The Rice Bag Method" heat a rice bag in the microwave and pinch it around the fingers
- Warm the metal spoon pusher and use it like an iron to seal edges
To hear about my specials